Coming Soon (Photo of Mr. Steve Jones)
Steve Jones, Principal
Westview Elementary School is a community of learners that embraces inclusionary practices and differentiated instruction. There are approximately 391 students in grades Pre-K thru 4 who are actively engaged in the learning process.
This year we are focusing on Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS). Westview students and staff are focusing on making school an environment where all students are successful academically and behaviorally. We will focus on catching students doing the right thing and teaching alternatives, therefore…
Westview will be Targeting GREEN Behavior.
• G - Get Ready to Learn
• R - Respect Me, Respect You
• E - Every Day- My Best
• E - Excellent Choices
• N - Notice Good Deeds
STATEMENT OF MISSION, VISION, AND BELIEFS
Westview School is a part of the Richmond Community Schools Corporation. As a member school, it is aligned with the Board of School Trustees’ Vision, Mission, Goals, and Belief Statements.
RCS Board Vision
Richmond Community Schools: A community nurturing mind, body, and spirit to prepare students for lives of choice, purpose, and service
RCS Mission Statement
Richmond Community Schools guides students on pathways of learning to a future of limitless possibilities.
- Richmond Community Schools will increase opportunities for student and stakeholder engagement.
- Richmond Community Schools will assure student growth through measures of academic, social, physical, and emotional successes.
- Richmond Community Schools will maximize resources to provide the highest quality educational opportunities for students in Wayne County.
- Meaningful learning occurs in the presence of meaningful relationships. Schools should provide a safe and secure environment for learners of all ages.
- In an environment where a student can err without being judged, risk-taking creates resilient thinkers and learners.
- Education is an enjoyable process when learners are engaged through discovery, exploration, and focus.
- The unique learning needs of every child should be addressed through appropriate and diverse instructional methods.
- Through education, students realize their strengths and weaknesses and develop confidence to become creative builders of their future.
- A measure of school and student success should be a balance of student assessment and other indicators of student growth.
- Learning is most productive when there is collaboration among students, parents, staff,and community partners.
- Citizenship is developed through student-directed, teacher-facilitated, and family-supported experiences that prepare students for life’s demands.
- Learning is priceless and worthy of continuous community investment; a robust public education is essential for citizenship, democracy, and the common good.
Westview Elementary guides students on pathways of learning to a future of limitless possibilities.
A community nurturing mind, body, and spirit to prepare students for lives of choice, purpose, and service
Help us share in the achievements as students learn to do the right. As we work together, we will ensure the accomplishments of all students are recognized at home and at school. I would love for you to become involved in Westview activities.
Our Parent/Teacher Organization assists in providing educational opportunities to students as well as support for dedicated and caring staff. Check out their link for upcoming events and ways to help.